Tuesday, November 11, 2008

While Daddy is Away, His Girls Will Play!!!

Luis has been away since last Friday, driving a short-term team around in Dajabon (a DR/Haiti border town). The team is from a rotary club in Canada, and they are putting solar lights in low-income homes in that town. When I talked to Luis last night, he said he was having a great time...which is great because now I don't feel so guilty about my fun beach trip this past weekend! :-) Mia & I were invited to go to the beach with some friends here that work with TEARS. We actually did turn it into a working weekend, as we spent some time tackling the grant proposal process that we are now entering.

Everyone took turns watching Mia and playing with her, which was a great help to me. Too bad no one was awake to help me out when she decided to wake up at 4:30 AM BOTH mornings!! Here's a little of what Mia did all weekend:


She watched Baby Einstein videos with her "Uncle" Darin (who liked them as much as she did, but he didn't want to admit it!) :-)


She tried desperately to pull her booster seat out of the chair.



She drank a bottle by herself, played with her feet and laughed, laughed, laughed.



She spent time in the kitchen cooking with her "Aunt" Tracy.


And she ate at TGI Fridays!!! (which is a BIG treat here!)

All in all, we had a great time. I didn't get any pictures of Mia at the pool or the beach because I was never with her when she went (I was recovering from those 4:30 AM wake-up calls she gave me!) Mia is a little fish, though. She loves to be in the water....pool, ocean, or bathtub!! Oh, and her "Uncle" Rod didn't make it into any of the pictures either. He was always conveniently absent when the camera came out.

No comments: