Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Love Cloth Diapers!!




Ok, so I must confess that my decision to use cloth diapers had nothing to do with environment and EVERYTHING to do with economy!! Disposable diapers are quite expensive down here, so we figured we would invest a little money up front for the cloth ones and then save in the long run...man, oh, man has that ever been a great decision! I have to say that I love our cloth diapers. They've definitely come a LONG way since the days that my mother put them on me, which makes it a lot easier to like them! :-) As you can see, they are velcro and all one piece these days...no rubber pants, no pins, nothing cumbersome like that...just take 'em off, rinse 'em out, and throw 'em in the washing machine. We don't have diaper services here, either, so we are on our own for the laundering part. They have this great soap here (jabón de cuava) that you can grate and throw in your diaper pail overnight, and the diapers come out of the wash so white, white, white! Love it!! We still use disposable diapers at night, but we are only going through about one pack a month (as opposed to one pack every 4-5 days). Oh, and I must confess too that it is my wonderful hubby that rinses out the poopy diapers (woohhoo!!). :-) There are tons of brands out there, but I went with Kushies. I bought them online on the Wal-Mart site. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!!

No comments: