Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Visit from Memommy and Grandma Barb

At the end of our moving week, we had visitors arrive!! My mom and Barb Lehman (who is like a 2nd mom to me) came to visit and to celebrate Mia's 1st birthday with us (that's another blog post). Thankfully, I had lots of help with Mia during our moving week, so everything was set up, put away, and ready for visitors - including the guest room - EXCEPT for the dreaded kitchen! For some reason, this is my least favorite room in the house to organize and keep up with...it's SO overwhelming! Mom & Barb graciously put on their work gloves and washed cabinets and dishes and got everything set up SO nicely! Thanks! I had hoped to venture out with them and show them lots of the "sights" around La Vega, but it rained the ENTIRE week they were here! I couldn't believe it! We did manage to venture into the barrio one day, and we all came back sopping wet and muddy, but we had a great time visiting some of our friends there. Mom & Barb made play-doh for the kids of several families, and we personally took it to them and played with them. Of course, the highlight for all of us was the time that Mom & Barb got to spend with Mia Grace. She LOVES her Memommy! Mia fulfilled her role well, was quite the ham, and got lots of loving (and baths) that week!! Luis & I were treated to a date night with at-home babysitters (a rarity, for sure), so we enjoyed a nice meal at TGI Fridays (that's the upscale restaurant which is "close" by) and time together to chat. :-) Barb also graciously spent many of her hours here painting our old apartment, so that we wouldn't have to pay someone to do that. All in all, it was a WONDERFUL week that went by WAY too fast! I loved having my own mommy close by. You're a great mom, mom! Thanks for putting taking such good care of me when I was little....changing my diapers and feeding me and putting up with my strong-willed personality (and all the other things that I'll appreciate more and more as I have to do them for Mia!). I love you so much!! :-)






No comments: